Have you ever wondered how the transportation system works? How does a freight gets to your home? What’s the dispatching process behind it? How to make it all happen? We can help you find the answers
CHICAGO’S BEST DISPATCHING COURSE
Windy City Dispatching School
With over 10 years of industry experience we know what it takes to become a successful dispatcher and live the life you want, while also helping the industry strive.
Dispatching is one of the most important positions in trucking business, which employs over 8 million people nationwide and abroad. Someone has to coordinate all the freight movements and we’re here to show you exactly how to do it.
It is no secret that it’s hard to find a dispatchers job without any experience. And how to get that experience without having a work history in the field? We have a solution for you!
Over the years of work, learning and applying different practices in trucking business, we came up with a studying program to help you learn and understand how logistics work and help you secure your first job in the field. Or, if that’s your goal, help you start your own trucking business!
In-Depth Online training program
Our learning program is designed in a way that you will understand all of the different aspects of dispatching, as well as trucking industry in general, including a lot of inside tips and tricks on how to progress and reach your goals faster
Not convinced? Take our short quiz to see if dispatching is right for you
Signup for training today and become a dispatcher in as little as 2 weeks
Fully online recorded class with lifetime support and personal Zoom session
No need to adjust your schedule or cancel your plans. Learn Dispatching anytime and anywhere on your own terms. Our training program includes a personalized live Zoom session once you complete the course, so you are getting a training adjusted to your specific needs.
To celebrate 3 years in business, we’re applying a 30% discount for everyone throughout February 2022
Valid only through 02/28/2022
Our learning program was designed in a way that you will understand all of the different aspects of dispatching and the trucking industry in general, including inside tips and tricks on how to progress faster
- Over 18 hours of in-depth narrated material
- BONUS! Free 40 page Dispatchers handbook!
- Document samples
- Booking conversations transcripts
- Unlimited support through the training and after completion
- Personalized Zoom sessions to answer any of your questions
Table of content
Our training program is designed in a way that you will be job ready after completion of this course. You’ll understand all of the aspects of dispatching, trucking business in general, tools that are being used, rules and regulations, US Freight market and a step-by-step process of booking loads and the whole logistics process behind it.
Basics: Introduction into dispatching
- Definition, Requirements, Dispatcher’s role in trucking business
- Types of dispatching and explanation: Long distance; Local/Regional; Working with Owner operators
- Dispatcher’s Salary
Tools, Equipment and Software
- Types of equipment: Trucks; Trailers
- Types of cargo: Dry, Refrigerated, Oversized
- Shipping methods: TL (truckload), LTL (partial), Intermodal (Rail)
- Software: Load boards with detailed explanation, other dispatch tools
- Parties involved in trucking business
- Understanding US Freight market
- Learning USA Map: Zip zones, Time zones, States abbreviations
- Getting to know your drivers
- Consolidation and trailer space usage
Booking your first load
- Know your information
- Knowing your driver’s schedule
- Understanding market rates
- Typical booking conversations
- Rate negotiations and negotiation tips
Setting up with Brokers and dispatching drivers
- Broker/Carrier agreements. What to look for and how to fill out (File examples)
- Rate confirmations (examples)
- What is a factoring company
- Bill of Lading
- Dispatching your driver
- HOS (Hours of service). FMCSA rules and regulations for truckers
- Logistics planning and scheduling (Long distance, Local)
- Time calculation for route planning
- Different kinds of loads: 1-1, multi-stop, blind shipments
- Other factors: Accidents, Traffic, Weather, Location
Creator of Windy City Dispatching School
Stanislav Dreva (aka Stanley)
I’ve been working in trucking business since 2011 and ever since I started providing training it has become my passion and something that I’m proud of because I love to see people succeed and helping them get where they want to go.
I believe that every new career change needs a proper training and inside information from those in the field, that’s why I do what I do and hopefully I can help as many people as I can
The more you give – the more you get